Sync QuickBooks and Clio Connect QuickBooks to Clio
Clio is an effective and useful management platform for lawyers that help them in working efficiently and performing tasks like tracking time, managing matters and generating invoices.
To integrate Clio with QuickBooks, users must have a QuickBooks Online account. The integration allows users to sync contacts between Clio and QuickBooks Online. The contacts and customers originating from QuickBooks Online will not be automatically synced over to Clio but should be manually entered into Clio. The contacts with Approved invoices (unpaid) will sync from Clio to QuickBooks Online. After getting synced, if a user updates a Clio account in either application then it will get updated in the other application. It will sync invoices from Clio to QuickBooks Online. The payments and credit notes applied to Bills in Clio will also get synced to QuickBooks Online. The integration will also sync trust transactions from Clio to QuickBooks Online (one-way from Clio to QuickBooks Online).
Appropriate integration of Clio and QuickBooks Online
The users should make sure that invoices are properly sync between their Clio and QuickBooks Online accounts. Furthermore, users should also ensure that invoice numbers are not duplicated. Therefore, they should follow this setting to enable Custom Transaction Numbers in their QuickBooks Online account.
1. Users should first click the gear icon to open their Settings Menu and then select “Account and Settings”.
2. Thereafter, click on the “Sales” tab and then click on the pencil icon to edit the “Sales Form Content” settings.
3. Do check the box beside “Custom Transaction Numbers” and then click on the “Save” button.
4. Subsequently, click on the “Advanced” tab and then click on the pencil icon to edit the “Other Preferences” settings.
5. Do check the box beside “Warn if duplicate bill number is used” and then click the “Save” button.
If users want to start QuickBooks Online before Clio then they should first adjust their first invoice number in Clio to be higher than the last invoice in QuickBooks Online. It is because both systems will automatically number your first invoice as number 1. To avoid any type of duplication error, it should be adjusted.