Shopify is referred to as one of the most resourceful online business applications, which helps users to stay organized and updates books. After successful integration of Shopify with QuickBooks, inventory, orders, shipping and customer’s details are automatically updated. The integration process enables automatic importing of sales, orders details and inventory information from Shopify to QuickBooks. Besides giving a view of full summary of order and their total value, this integration helps in providing breakdown of your products and their profit margin. From Shopify to QuickBooks, fees as well as payouts are automatically imported, orders with all sales tax data are imported, which informs about amount owed and amount paid.
Steps for Shopify-QuickBooks integration
Before integrating these two apps, do make sure that each of your products and variants has a unique SKU. Do ensure that you are not using any other apps or integrations that update your inventory levels. If you are using then it’s highly recommended to uninstall them.
- In QuickBooks Commerce app, do select Browse Apps.
- Next, do find Shopify and then Install Shopify
- Now, from the drop-down menu, do select the number of Shopify stores you have and then enter your store’s address.
- Next, do Connect Shopify and your Shopify admin page will be opening in a new tab.
- Thereafter, users should grant access of QuickBooks Commerce to their Shopify account to manage their inventory.
- Users should note carefully that QuickBooks Commerce will not import any orders which are created before the installation.
- Users can now sync their products.
- In QuickBooks Commerce app, go to Installation Wizard and select the way of syncing your product information between Shopify and QuickBooks Commerce.
- If you sync “All Products”, then QuickBooks Commerce will control product details and inventory for your business. It implies that any future updated done to your Shopify products should done from QuickBooks Commerce app.
- Now, if users select Sync “product prices & stocks levels only” then QuickBooks Commerce will only control your stock levels and product prices. It is one of the most preferred options by users.
- Next, if users select “don’t Sync any product information” then QuickBooks Commerce will not change, publish pr update any of your products to your Shopify account. It will only manage and import orders from your Shopify account. It means that users have to manage all product information in their Shopify account only.
- Next, click Continue and review your integration settings
- If you are satisfied with settings then click Confirm and QuickBooks Commerce will start importing information.
- Now, users can view the status of their orders, as they are imported.
- Users have to wait patiently for around 15 to 20 minutes for completion of import but it can take longer time, if you have large number of products in your store.
- Please don’t change any setting in this waiting period.
- In QuickBooks Commerce app, go to My Apps and select your Shopify store to view the status of your integration and sync.
- Finally, your Shopify store is successfully integrated with QuickBooks Commerce app which will help you in managing your inventory from QuickBooks Commerce.
Universally speaking, Shopify has proved a useful online e-commerce platform which provides users in creating front-end gateway to their business, including inventory, shipping tools, website as well as payment. The seamless integration of Shopify with QuickBooks Commerce has enhanced businesses worldwide.